Part 1 — ARE YOU A CALIFORNIAN — THEN WE WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT SOMETHING.
· Do you believe that in a democracy — the people have a right to vote on issues that deeply affect them?
· Do you believe that in a democracy — the people have a right to share facts, and debate?
· Do you believe that California being a donor state — and losing billions of dollars in lost Federal income tax revenue that goes to subsidize 35 other American states — while our schools, and roads, don’t have enough funding — is not helpful to California’s economy?
($32 Billion in 2015 & $103 Billion in 2016 in financial losses)
·Do you believe that raising taxes (like the recent gas tax) to pay for things like roads and schools — when we have the money, but aren’t allowed to spend it on ourselves (because we are a donor state) — is not helpful to the California’s economy?
· Do you believe that the fact California has been a donor state for 30 years — has at least hurt our ability to take care of ourselves, and keep our infrastructure up to date?
· Do you believe that cultural differences — between the policies America wants, and what California will stand for? (such as banning immigration, and mass raids on the undocumented)
· Do you believe that CLEARLY California is ALREADY in a battle with the Federal government over policy issues?
· Do you think the fact this policy battle has gone on for a year and a half is definitely not a good sign of the government working well?
· Do you believe it is not good for — Women, Undocumented immigrants, legal Immigrants, Union members, LGBTQ, and activists … to be afraid their own government will take away or repress their rights?
If you answered yes — then you now understand the reasons why some Californians want a Calexit.
Part 2 — DID YOU KNOW — HALF OF CALIFORNIA WANTS TO HAVE A CONVERSATION ABOUT CALEXIT
(47.5% of Californians (according to Reuters poll Jan 2017) want to talk about a Calexit and what California would gain.)
DID YOU KNOW — THREE SEPARATE POLLS, TAKEN OVER A QUARTER OF A YEAR, ALL SHOWED THAT A SOLID — 1/3 —OR MORE — OF CALIFORNIA WANTS TO SECEDE NOW.
Stanford Poll — Jan 19 2017
. 54% of Californians overall oppose secession = 46% do not oppose
. “41 percent of self-identified liberals went along with the concept.”
KPIX TV poll — Nov 16 2016
. 57% of Californians overall oppose secession = 43% do not oppose
REUTERS/Ipsos poll — Jan 2017
. 32% of Californians support secession + 15.5% “are not opposed” to discussing.
. “Marcus learned from Reuters that an additional 15 percent said they “don’t know,” which he heard as “weren’t opposed,” which he accounted for as swayable voters, which gets you to over 45 percent, which is basically 50, which is a yes vote to hold the Stay-or-Leave referendum — and, ding-dong, California’s a country.”
PART 3 — HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN — THE 5-STEP PROCESS TO CALIFORNIA SECEDING FROM AMERICA
STEP 1 — Prove to Californians:
· They are a different culture from America AND this results in “real” policy differences
· They pay more into the Fed gov than others AND don’t get a fair return of services
STEP 2 — Calexit supporters file an initiative — that will ask voters to decide if they want to be part of America.
(California initiative law and three California Attorney Generals have said this is legal because they approved initiatives that asked this question). See BELOW.
STEP 3— Californians vote to secede AND The California government has to respect the will of the voters and petition Congress to let California leave.
(Texas V White, is the only Supreme Court decision on Secession — and it says you can secede if you have “consent of the states” and three California Attorney General have said this is legal in their review of initiatives asking for California secession).
“U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Texas v. White that the initial act admitting a state to the Union “was final.” “There was no place for reconsideration, or revocation,” the court said, “except through revolution, or through consent of the states.” — California Attorney General Becerra (2018), Kenealy (2017), Harris (2015)
STEP 4— California asks for Congress to let California secede AND America votes for California to leave
Rasmussen polling, March 2017 — showed 41% of Republicans and 32% of ALL AMERICA — were not bothered by California leaving America.
Fox news polling, October 2014 — showed of American people who are open to kicking any state out of the Union — 52% were not bothered by “Kicking California out of the Union”. The highest total for any state by far.
Business Insider polling, August 2013 — showed Americans wanted to see Texas and California “kicked out of the country”
“Public Policy Polling”, February 2012 — shows that Americans have the most negative opinion of California by far, in comparison to any other state
LA Times “Opinion staff”, November 2010 — admits it seems like Americans really hate Californians
These polls all happened before California challenged the American government on sanctuary status!
STEP 5— California asks for international recognition as a nation AND receives it
Politico magazine –November 2017 called “Jerry Brown President of the Independent Republic of California” — because so many nations have meet California officials and signed treaties on Climate Change, that it appears the California already has world recognition almost as a “separate nation already”.
Also the“World Economic Forum” -January 2018 publicly stated that it looks like California is its own nation — already.