Orange County Board of Supervisors voted to not support California law protecting undocumented Californians. They want to work with the Fed gov, against California, and support Trump.
Trump just tweeted that he loves being associated with the California county.
Turns the Orange County government shares a lot of “behaviors” Trump would approve of — BUT CALIFORNIA WOULD NOT.
The county is being run by people who -do not- reflect the wishes of a majority of Californians living in the county!
Interesting facts on Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Made the vote in “closed door session” (where they did not hear from the public)
- Includes no Latino members (although Latinos are 30% of the county)
- All are Republican (even though the County voted in 2016 for Clinton)
- Say they represent the will of the voters (but 60% of the people in Orange/ San Diego metro area said they support sanctuary laws) … and County Board of Supervisors voted for this with a “closed door session” … meaning NO LATINOS WERE ABLE TO OFFER THEIR OPINION.
Interesting facts on Orange County
- The prison in OC that holds undocumented immigrants has been called “America’s Worst Immigration Detention Center” because of its’ horrible conditions for Undocumented Californians
- A review of racist tweets revealed that “Orange County is the frigging hatred capital of the nation” for having so many racist tweets originate from the county
- An academic study has proven that the county suffers from “intentional segregation”
- Voting behind closed doors, and not being transparent
- Telling the majority what to do — even though he does not have majority support
- Chasing off African Americans
- Blocking Latinos being in power
- Tweeting racist posts
- Segregated housing